Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Henllys Village Craft Club

A crafty friend of mine (in the artistic sense not the sneaky sense!) and I decided to start up our own craft club.  Now, there are a number of craft clubs where we are but they tend to focus on one craft i.e. quilting club, cardmaking, papercutting, etc etc. There doesnt seem to be a club for anyone who wants to just be crafty!  Crafting at home can be lonely if no one you know shares your enthusiasm or if you dont have any friends who are that way inclined so we thought it would be a perfect way to get to know new friends and craft and eat cake at the same time!  What more can a crafter want?!

I made two lots of cakes...chocolate brownies and lemon drizzle, both of
which were yummy, even if I do say so myself!

There were books for inspiration and fabric to buy if anyone so wished....

A few of my favourite books for anyone looking for inspiration!

Who can resist more fabric??
I took along my crochet blanket.  Im struggling with the edges which dont seem to be running in a straight line!  I'll be honest though, I was so busy chatting and eating cake I only got a row and a half done.  I did try papercutting though.  The verdict? Very fiddly but I can see how it would get addictive if you keep at it!

Only managed another row and a half but
had a go at papercutting too!

This is me, my friend Lane and one of the members of the craft club in a cake selfie.....


Can you tell Im a little obsessed with cake?  Im really enjoying baking at the moment and will share a few of my super simple recipes over the next couple of days.  It has to be simple, otherwise I lose interest! lol!

So all in all, we had a fab first craft club!  Looking forward to next months already.

Thanks for reading!  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment