I dont know what it is about the change in season, but as soon as the weather gets a bit colder, I start baking. Mainly crumbles and cakes, but one thing that a recipe has to be for me to like it, is simple. The reason? I get bored if a recipe has too many steps! I lose interest and start going off and doing my own thing, which in the past has had varying results! Some have worked out lovely, some not so much. The two that are MASSIVE hits with my family are Lemon Drizzle cake and Chocolate Brownies. I cook them so often, I feel like I can literally throw them together now! So over the next few days I will share my favourites and first up, Lemon Drizzle Cake!
Ingredients
112g soft unsalted butter at room temperature
112g caster sugar
112g self raising flour
2 eggs
zest of one lemon, finely grated
For the drizzle:
50g caster sugar
juice of 1 lemon
Method
- Beat together the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat in thoroughly
- Add the flour to the mixture and fold together with a metal spoon.
- Add the lemon zest and continue to fold (the aim is to try and get as much air into the mixture as possible)
- Pour into a small bread tin and bake in the oven for around 40 mins at 180c.
- Check it is cooked by poking it with a skewer and making sure the skewer is clean when you bring it out.
- For the drizzle, mix the caster sugar and lemon juice and, whilst your cake is still hot, pour the drizzle over.
- Make a cup of tea in your favourite mug and enjoy!!
See simple, and almost impossible to get wrong! I've had it rise lots in the tin and I've had it be quite flat after cooking but both taste delicious! The next recipe Im going to share tomorrow will be Chocolate Brownies!!
Until next time....




No comments:
Post a Comment